Monday, January 19, 2009

Some people should not be parents

There's nothing that makes my fur stand on end more than parents being mean to their son or daughter in public. It's like some people just don't know how to talk to children. Kids aren't all retards. And at the same time, they're not adults. You should just talk to them in a direct, straightforward, but respectful way. They'll understand.

Over the weekend I overheard this parent being extremely denigrating to his son. It was just going on and on, and eventually I couldn't help but go over to the parent and say something. So I started to walk over, my hands clenched with the anger I felt. Adrenaline was rushing through my body, because I was really going to let this parent really have it. It was at that moment that I heard the kid himself speaking, and he was the foulest mouthed little $#%* I had ever heard. So I walked right past and never looked back.

That's the last time I'll hang out anywhere near St. Mary's Sunday School.